Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Buyer Beware - Cont'd

The recent immigration reform bill that is being discussed has a lot of compromise built into it to allow highly skilled workers to more easily work in the US.  As I've previously posted, I've had some negative experiences finding "highly skilled workers".  In speaking to someone who places IT workers on H1B, he confirmed that there is a lot of bait and switch that occurs in the interviewing process.  Having already been told by a former coworker that the proxy-interviewing was occurring, I thought I had heard the worst of it.  But my headhunter source tells me that it's also common for someone who gets through the interviewing/bait and switch, who is inexperienced, to basically off-shore their work to cheaper labor back home.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I'm curious about whether any of you who follow this blog have an opinion on this.  Is this the tip of the iceberg?  Does it matter how the work gets done so long as it's done?

No comments:

Post a Comment